The full advertisement can be found here
The Sample Environment Officer works within a team to undertake technical and scientific activities that support the neutron beam experiments at the Australian Centre for Neutron Scattering. The facility operates a suite of neutron beam instruments on which a very broad range of scientific experiments are conducted.
The sample environment team facilitates the manipulation of the physical conditions of experiment samples for majority of these experiments. We offer unique instrumentation, technical advice and assistance and bespoke solutions for sample environments.
The Sample Environment Officer reports to the Manager, Sample Environment, in the Nuclear Science & Technology and Landmark Infrastructure Division.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in the execution of neutron scattering experiments by efficiently preparing, installing, operating and removing sample environment equipment on neutron beam instruments (NBI).
- Provide technical advice to NBI users and collaborate with stakeholders in the design of experiments and testing a variety of devices, equipment and instruments to enable quality research outputs.
- Contribute to equipment and technical improvement projects or activities.
- Provide technical and scientific leadership for the development of new and innovative sample environment methodologies and techniques.
- Collaborate and exchange information with other sample environment laboratories and groups at international neutron beam facilities.
- Utilise specialist technical and scientific knowledge and expertise to examine, interpret, check and validate methods and results.
For further technical information relating to this position please refer to the Position Information Package or contact Rachel White on (02) 9717 3051. For all other queries please contact the HR Shared Services Team on +61 (02) 9717 3111 (press 2 for HR).