JRR-3 is a 20 MW research reactor operated by Japan Atomic Energy Agency. It is located conveniently near the pulsed neutron source J-PARC/MLF. More than 30 instruments are provided for fundamental research and industrial use.
Representative sample environment equipments available at JRR-3 are following:
- Low temperatures: dry dilution and 3He refrigerators, cryogenic load ﬂame
- High temperature: furnaces, cryofurances, electrostatic levitator
- High magnetic ﬁeld: electromagnet, wet and dry magnets up to 13.5 T
- High pressure : clamped cells (~3 GPa), anvil cells (~10 GPa)
- Polarised neutrons: 3He spin ﬁlters, CRYOPAD