Web site: https://www.janis.com Neutron Application: http://www.janis.com/ISSE_NeutronSampleEnvironment.aspx Synchrotron Facilities: https://www.janis.com/SystemsForSynchrotronFacilities-ISSE.aspx
Janis is a manufacturer of high quality cryogenic equipment tailored to the unique requirements of user facilities, both neutron scattering and synchrotron.
With dozens of neutron-configured cryostats installed in user facilities
world-wide, Janis’ experienced engineers can work with your sample environment team to tailor standard designs to meet local standards, or to develop new designs for specific applications. Just some of the instruments where Janis cryostats can be found include:
- neutron spin echo
- triple axis
- high flux backscattering
- powder diffraction
- vibrational spectroscopy
- neutron interferometry
System designs include:
- Top loading Helium-3
- As low as 300 mK
- Top loading and bottom loading cryogen free systems
- 5 K – 800 K
- 4 K – 800 K
- Liquid Helium systems
- 4 K – 800 K
The Janis ST-400 continuous flow cryostat has long been a synchrotron standard for providing cooling in a UHV environment. This versatile cryostat operates with liquid helium or liquid nitrogen, and now with the new Janis model RGC recirculating gas cooler, it may be cooled without the need for cryogens at all.
- Extensive worldwide customer base
- <4 K – 500 K, 800 K optional
- Proven to 10-11 Torr vacuum
- Fully bakeable to 200 degrees C
- High efficiency design operates with liquid helium or liquid nitrogen
- New or existing units upgradeable to cryogen free with a Janis recirculating cooler
- Overall length, cold finger and thermal shield diameters are custom configured
- Highly configurable design with UHV electrical wiring access (multi-pin or coaxial) available.
- Compatible with standard UHV manipulators
- Internal control thermometer and heater are not exposed to chamber vacuum
He-3 systems for sub-k ARPES are also available. See the Janis website at https://www.janis.com/Applications/ARPES.aspx for details.