Vacuum valves with inbuilt overpressure release

Home Forums Discussions between Institutional Members Low Temperature Vacuum valves with inbuilt overpressure release

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Alex Holmes Alex Holmes 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Alex Holmes
    Alex Holmes
    Participant

The attached photo shows a valve on the OVC of an orange cryostat, which I believe has a built-in overpressure release vent (the coloured disc). I’d like to get hold of one with standard KF connections. Despite extensive googling I have been unable to find who sells them or even if that is a real thing. Can anyone help? I am pretty sure I have seen something similar elsewhere too, so I think they do exist.

Wishing everyone a very merry christmas and a happy new year.

Alex

Yegor Vekhov
    Yegor Vekhov
    Participant

Alex, I do not see any picture attached to your post but anyway I would ask folks from A.S. Scientific because they do assemble ILL orange cryostats for many facilities.
    Best,
    Yegor

Simon Baudoin
    Simon Baudoin
    Participant

Alex, if I well understand the valve you talk about, this vacuum valves are manufactured by Oxford instruments.
    https://www.cryospares.de/mobile/Category.aspx?id=1881
    Regards
    Simon

Norman Booth
    Norman Booth
    Participant

Hi Alex,
    Further to Simon’s post only this one https://www.cryospares.co.uk/Vacuum-valve-p/a3-103.htm has the overpressure valve. A3-104 doesn’t.

cheers
    Norm

Alex Holmes
    Alex Holmes
    Participant

Thanks, very much. It looks like the picture didn’t attach, but that is exactly what I was talking about. It looks like you need to weld on your own KF fittings to those valves. Is Oxford the only supplier that makes these?

Alex Holmes
    Alex Holmes
    Participant

As an update to this, Oxford Cryospares do a similar valve with KF25 fittings and a 0.1 bar overpressure release. It doesn’t seem to be on their web catalogue but you can order it by contacting them directly.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.